Thursday 4 January 2018

2017 Reflections

I read this little statement recently:
"You are one of a kind - designed to glorify God as only you can."
What a tremendously encouraging and challenging thought to take with us into 2018!


I want to hold my head high like the seagull in this photo as I enter this New Year and glorify God despite any hurt and discouragement or difficulties I may face.


But first I just want to reflect a little on 2017 by simply adding photos of a few highlights of my summer.

I always enjoy teaching at Holiday Bible events for children but I particularly enjoyed it this past year as I presented the boys and girls with some very simple choices that they each must make in life.
Theme of Holiday Bible School 2017




Day at Amy and Andrew's wedding



My boy reached one quarter of a century



Just a few Photo Memories of my Holiday in Cornwall August 2017

Port Isaac beach
Doc Martin's house
Happy group at Port Isaac with school in background


Cotehele




Drake Shopping Centre, Plymouth

I absolutely loved those beautiful big flowers hanging in the Drake Centre, Plymouth. Just as they brightened up the shopping centre, so the beautiful memories of 2017 brighten up my ordinary life. Isn't it amazing that our minds are created to major on the lovely, good and beautiful things in life, rather than dwelling on the things we would prefer to forget? I look forward with anticipation to what God has for me in 2018.

I do not know what sort of year you have had but if you are a child of God, take this Bible verse with you into 2018. Remember you are designed to glorify God as only you can. He will instruct you and guide you as to how to fulfill that purpose. Trust Him!
"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." (Psalm 32v8)
Wishing you every blessing for 2018
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment